HERE'S HOW IT WORKS VIDEO
The DAVID Delight Pro provides a unique fusion of audio-visual entrainment (also known as brainwave entrainment) and cranial-electro stimulation (CES) with sophistication and simplicity. Our sessions have been thoroughly tested and are designed based on most current research findings to ensure you the most effective results. The sessions on the Delight are supported by research studies which include Seasonal Affective Disorder, stress reduction, insomnia, improved mood, mental sharpness and balance (reduced risk of falling) in seniors, and reduced worry plus improvements in concentration and memory in college students. The Delight Pro sessions also include our proprietary randomization process, which helps encourage dissociation and brain frequency tracking to the stimulus.
The Delight Pro features larger easy-to-read, easy-to-operate buttons and allows users to select a session very easily.
It features 25 of our favorite sessions organized into five distinct categories of sessions: Energize, Meditate, Brain Brightener, Sleep and Mood Booster, with five selections for each category. It also includes five auto playing Sound Sync Sessions and five locations for you to store sessions you design with the DAVID session editor.
Also includes popular 100 Hz CES with any session.
The Delight Pro also features night-vue ability, which allows the user to see the session select buttons in the dark at bedtime or at night.
AVE User’s Guide -An Introduction to Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE)
To ensure safe, gentle and effective audio-visual entrainment, the DAVIDDelight Pro offers the following:
- Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets - Our unique Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets were carefully designed to provide you with the most effective and safe light and sound experience. This special patented process allows the Delight to stimulate a different frequency in each hemisphere of the brain. This is essential for mood boosting and mental performance. The Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets for the Delight use eight blue-tinted white LEDs mounted over a silver reflector behind a translucent screen. This disperses the light evenly. Our Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets are specially designed to allow for the left and right visual fields of each eye to be individually stimulated rather than the entire eye. With the Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets, the lights flash into the left visual fields of both eyes, then alternately flashes into the right visual fields of both eyes. This approach allows the ability to stimulate either visual cortex with a frequency different from the other visual cortex. For example, a person who functions strongly from the left brain could have 8 Hz stimulated into the right visual field (and therefore the left brain) to slow down left brain function and have 18 Hz stimulated into the left visual field to increase right brain function.
- Isochronic Pulsed Tones, Binaural Beats and Monaural Beats - The isochronic pulsed tones are evenly spaced, are of equal pitch and are turned on and off at a specified rate. This is important to enhance the effectiveness of audio entrainment. The monaural beats are similar to the isochronic pulsed tones, but turn on and off more gently and therefore are smoother, fuller beats and are recommended for those who find the pulse tones too stimulating. The binaural beats are two pure tones (one in each ear)and are perceived to have a beat.
- Soft-OffTM - The gradual lowering of the lights and tones at the end of the session prevents a startle response (also known as somnatic shock). Soft-OffTM ensures that relaxation and other benefits carry over even after a session has ended.
- Battery Power Indicator - At a quick glance you can tell if your battery has enough power to run your session. New eyeset technology allows for much longer life for your 9-volt battery.
- Easy-To-Find Power, Intensity and Volume Buttons - The power, intensity and volume buttons are raised so that you can make the necessary adjustments easily and quickly, even with your eyes closed. Adjust the intensity of the OmniscreenTM Eyeset with the easy-to-find INT button.
- 25 Preset Sessions - Five sessions in each category: Energize, Meditate, Brain Booster, Sleep and Mood Booster.
- 5 Sound Sync Sessions - Each category also has a Sound Sync Session to turn your music into an intriguing light show. All sessions include HRV and begin with a 3-stage process that enhances dissociation.
All Mind Alive AVE and CES products are fully guaranteed. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the products to us prepaid within 30 days of purchase date, and we will refund your money (subject to a 15% restocking fee). We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labour for all of our products. Warning
The Oasis Pro and Oasis II are not recognized as a treatment or cure of any medical condition or disability. However, research suggests that CES is an effective relaxation and meditation tool.
At Mind Alive Inc. it is our commitment to provide our customers with superior products that promote a healthier and higher quality of life. We are also committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Using flashing lights and pulsing tones, we can gently and safely guide the brain into various brainwave states. This is commonly known as audio-visual entrainment or brainwave entrainment.
These brainwave patterns are typically grouped into four different categories: Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta. Each of these brainwave patterns is associated with various states of mind.
Beta Waves are quick, low amplitude waves of 14 to 40 times per second (Hz). Beta brainwave patterns are generated naturally when in an awake, focused and alert state of consciousness.
Alpha Waves are between 8 and 13 Hz and occur during sensorial rest (eg. when the eyes are closed), intellectual relaxation, deep relaxation or meditation. Alpha brainwave rhythms produce: peaceful feelings, warm hands and feet, a sense of well-being, improved sleep, improved academic performance, increased productivity in the workplace, reduced anxiety and improved immune functioning. It is believed that many creative geniuses, such as Einstein, were in a semi-permanent Alpha state.
Alpha/Theta Border are the Schumann Resonance and the State Five Meditation sessions. At the Alpha/Theta border (7 to 8 Hz), exceptional insights and personal transforming experiences can occur.
Theta Waves are between 4 and 8 Hz and are commonly referred to as the dream or "twilight" state. Theta is associated with hypnogogic states, REM and dreaming. Memory development is enhanced in this state. In the Theta brainwave state, memory is improved (particularly long term memory), and access to unconscious material, reveries, free association, sudden insight and creative ideas is increased.
Delta Waves are observed when in a sleeping state. As we fall asleep the dominant natural brainwave becomes Delta. Delta waves are the slowest of brainwaves spanning from 1 to 4 Hz in frequency. There is growing evidence that individuals may maintain a slightly conscious state while in Delta.
DAVID SESSION EDITOR is available at an additional cost. It provides program-ability for all functions such as: rates, volume, intensity, tones, number of replays, etc. It includes a complete library of preset sessions to use as templates to help you design your own sessions. The library also includes an "erase all" DAVID wave file - for any clinician to install a "prescription" of only the sessions that the clinician wants the client to use. Clinicians can also set the number of times a session can be played. After all of the sessions have been played, the client would need to return to the clinician for a "refill". This allows the clinician to closely monitor which sessions are being used and how often they are being used.
About Cranial-Electro Stimulation (CES)
Expected Results with CES
CES devices send tiny electrical impulses to the brain through a stimulation cable attached to the earlobe. CES has been shown to increase serotonin and endorphins.
CES is an effective non-drug approach to relieve discomfort, assist with sleeping and calming of the mind.
Although individual levels of improvement may vary,medical research reveals dramatic improvements in mental functioning including:
- Deep Relaxation
- Improved Memory
- Mental Clarity
- Mood Elevation
- Improved Learning
- Sound Sleep
- Increased Concentration
- Increased Vitality
- Reduction of Psychosomatic Conditions
- Assisting Substance Abuse Recovery
Cranio-Electro Stimulation (CES) was developed in the Soviet Union in the late 1940s as a treatment for insomnia and has since been used by millions of people all over the world. Most research over the past 25 years has shown that CES reduces anxiety and improves cognition in recovering drug addicts and alcoholics. Pete Townsend, formerly of the band "The Who", found CES was the most effective treatment for his drug addiction recovery.
Research demonstrates that CES produces a mild stimulation in the hypothalamic area of the brain, resulting in balancing neurotransmitter activity (in particular Beta Endorphin and Norepinephrine). The effects achieved are similar to that of a "jogger's high".
About Microcurrent Electro Therapy (MET)
Although electromedicine has been in existence for well over a thousand years, developments in electronics and new research has seen this technology grow at a terrific rate in recent years. Microcurrent Eletro Therapy is very different than traditional TENS because MET produces its benefits in part on a cellular level. MET has longer lasting effects than TENS. MET is also referred to as Micro-TENS.
The concept of MET, in part, on Arndt’s Law, which states that weak stimuli excite physiological activity, whereas medium-strength stimuli will encourage it and strong stimuli will suppress it.
It is believed that MET delivered at around 500 micro-amps in the 0.5 to 3 Hz range may be most effective for treating pain.
EACH DAVID Delight Pro COMES COMPLETE WITH:
- Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets and Carry Case
- Quality Stereo Headphones
- Stereo Patch Cord
- CES Earclip Stim Cable
- DAVID Carry Bag
- 9-Volt Alkaline Battery
- AC Adapter
- Comprehensive Operator's Manual (click to preview in pdf format)