With a compact and light-weight design, the eVu TPS is an elegantly portable sensor that brings biometric measurement out of the clinic and into your client’s smartphone and tablet. Applied to a single finger with a fabric strap, the sensor detects and transmits three highly-researched measurements of psychophysiological health: heart rate variability, skin conductance and surface temperature. Data transmission takes place in real time via Bluetooth to the companion app, providing the user with both an accurate and immediate gauge for stress, focus, relaxation and recovery. Included with the eVu TPS sensor is the carrying case, ensuring the sensor is protected wherever it goes in the user’s pocket, purse or side bag.
Biosignals - Heart rate variability, skin conductance and temperature metrics expressed as easy-to understand values.
Data Artifact Detection - System’s artifact detection ensures user is informed when movement artifact is present in real time.
Modifiable breath pacer - appropriate to the needs of any user whether they are novices to paced breathing or experts practicing at their resonant frequencies.
Rewarded for your progress - Point-based training program that automatically tailors success appropriate to the user’s skill level.
Save now, Review Later - All training data saved, enabling user and clinician review for effectiveness and compliance
Session durations - They can be as short at 5 minutes or as long as 60 minutes.
Three tiers of feedback - From graphics, to music, and points scored.
When at rest, a healthy heart beat speeds up as you inhale, and slows down as you exhale. These moment-to-moment changes between successive heart beats are a telling measurement of nervous system health in terms of physical, emotional, and mental function. Studies show high heart rate variability is associated with better recovery following exertion, higher resilience to psychophysiological disorders, as well as positive feelings and outlooks on life. Stress, especially when prolonged, decreases heart rate variability. Training to increase heart rate variability by following slow, relaxed paced breathing decreases the effects of stress on the nervous system, leading to diminished negative psychophysiological issues.
Emotional arousal affects the pores on the surface of our skin, which in turn affects the subtle changes in sweating. The measure of conductance across the skin’s surface is a telling biometric for our mental engagement and perception of stress.
Cold hands are not simply due to winter weather, but an indication of the body’s response to anxiety and elevated stress. As a response to the pressure of a stressful moment, the body shunts blood flow away from the finger. The logic behind this is that the blood will be needed in more essential systems related to the fight-or-flight response. Repeated and sustained stress can lead the body to maintain the fight-or-flight state, keeping heat-rich blood away from the hands and thereby lowering finger temperature. When the body finally engages the relaxation response, blood flow is allowed to return to the peripheral parts of the hands, results in the warming up of the fingers.
Breathing to de-stress, calm the body, focus the mind, relax and recover have never before been any clearer than with eVu Senz app. Not only does it guide the user with a breathing pacer, but it also scores the body’s response to the breathing exercise based on the biometric data transmitted from the eVu TPS sensor. Features of the app include:
- Modifiable breath pacer, appropriate to the needs of any user whether they are novices to paced breathing or experts practicing at their resonant frequencies.
- Heart rate variability, skin conductance and temperature metrics expressed as easy-to understand values.
- Three tiers of feedback, including music, graphics and reward points.
- Session durations can be as short at 5 minutes or as long as 60 minutes.
- Point-based training program that automatically tailors success appropriate to the user’s skill level.
- All training data saved, enabling user and clinician review for effectiveness and compliance.
- System’s artifact detection ensures user is informed when movement artifact is present in real time.
The eVu Senz represents the first in a line of upcoming companion apps that promise to revolutionize at-home clinical training with smartphones and tablets.
eVu Senz App is available for download from the Google Play Store
TPS Manual User Guide
eVu Senz App Manual
eVu-TPS Instructional Videos
“DeStress Solution” refers to both the TPS sensor for data collection and the BioGraph Infiniti software with suite.
BioGraph Infiniti Software is the core of all Thought Technology Biofeedback and Psycho physiology products. It provides a multimedia rich graphical experience, while capturing and analyzing raw data. It also includes all the features and functions required to run our specialized application Suites.
The DeStress Solution is the latest Thought Technology software product, as well as the first time the BioGraph Infiniti software functions with the TPS sensor. DeStress Solution is intended for health care practitioners who want a tool to evaluate stress markers, teach stress management, and enhance resilience via biofeedback self-regulation.
The software offers a complete toolkit of sessions for assessing and reporting stress, self-regulation (biofeedback) training screens and relaxation therapy exercises, based on the modalities on-hand. This product is intentionally positioning itself as a cost-effective and sleek solution for clinicians.
The package will undoubtedly also appeal to practitioners already in the field and familiar with stress metrics, since this tool provides access to the robust BioGraph Infiniti software (whether as a researcher or clinician) using an unobtrusive, low-cost sensor. Previous purchasers of the TPS (alone) will also probably be enticed.
The report that follows the Stress Test provides fully written analysis of the results, for both clinician and client. Clinicians new to the field will especially appreciate this guidance for the therapy, and clients will appreciate the simplified ratings.
Each training screen includes PDF instructions that can be pulled up to guide the therapist.
Although the TPS sensor is designed to measure skin conductance, heart rate variability, and temperature, the sensor’s accelerometer is used in a unique way for an HRV training screen to provide respiration rhythms.
Self-regulation teaches the ability to become aware of negative physiological responses (ex. noticing that your hands are getting cold when you are stressed) and voluntarily shift to a more desirable response (learn to warm your hands). These 4 session choices enable self-regulation practice based on the modality of interest.
- Heart Rate Variability & Breathing
- Zukor Feedback Game
For therapists that do not know where to start when it comes to teaching stress management strategies, the relaxation exercises automate learning how to voluntarily “let go” of stress and relax your body. The two available sessions last 13-14 minutes.
- Guided Relaxation
- Paced Breathing
Low cost, high-value solution compared to equivalent clinical systems on the market.
- The Stress Test, learning control sessions, and relaxation exercises are launched with Quick Starts, making it easy for the clinician to know what to do.
- The Stress Test includes a self-interpreting Excel report, with clinician and client-focused components.
- Learning Control sessions designed to mostly be automated.
- Self-regulation training includes games (whether game-like screens or Zukor Interactive production)
- Software is fully compatible with 1 or 2-monitor setups.
- A detailed reference manual is included.
This package is only available for use with the TPS sensor. It cannot function with any other encoder, and the TPS sensor will not function with any other encoder.
- The required version of BioGraph Infiniti for the software is 6.6 or higher. Release of Biograph 6.6 will coincide with the release of the DeStress Solution.
- Previous purchasers of the TPS can purchase solely the DeStress Solution software (BioGraph license) to use the product.
- The PC requires a Bluetooth-enabled capability to connect with the TPS sensor, whether built-in or provided via a dongle.
- Microsoft Excel is required for use of the Stress Test Report.
- 2 monitors are required to take advantage of the 2-monitor setup.
Policy Regarding Returns of Software and Suites
DeStress Reference Manual